Mission: The purpose of the Crisis response Program (CRP) is to avoid and reduce unnecessary hospitalizations for Adults with serious mental health diagnoses, to provide short-term voluntary therapeutic treatment and case management of adults in crisis, and to link adults to appropriate longer term mental health services.
CRP provides services to ethnically diverse adult residents of Alameda County who have serious and persistent mental health diagnosis such as Schizophrenia, Bipolar I Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, severe Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, severe Borderline Personality Disorder, and other psychotic disorders. CRP strives to deliver culturally responsive services for the diverse communities that make up Alameda County, including multilingual services.
CRP provides the following services:
- Telephone and walk-in crisis intervention, screening, information and referral
- Urgent interim medication management support
- Brief treatment (30-60 days or less) for adults at risk of psychiatric hospitalization due to a crisis.
- Mobile Crisis response for adults in Downtown Oakland
- Non-Urgent Mobile Outreach by appointment in other areas of Alameda County
- Psychiatric consultation for Primary Care (medical) Providers
- Evaluation for and approval of Level I and Level II assignment of adults
- Accept adults from, and send adults to Psychiatric Emergency Services as appropriate
- Schedule appointments to evaluate adults for assignment to Alameda County BHCS case management services
Program staff is made up of Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (MFT), Mental Health Specialists, Licensed Psychologists, and Psychiatrists.
Service Sites: There are five service sites located across the county and a mobile crisis team for Downtown Oakland. Hours of operation are 8:30am - 5:00pm. North County Crisis Response program is located at 7200 Bancroft Avenue, Suite 125A, Oakland. These clinics are quite diverse, serving 40% African-Americans and 20% mixed groups (Latinos, Asian Americans, other).